‘Be the Light’
Matthew 5:14 ‘ You are the light of the world – like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden’.
The ultimate worth of each person in our school is at the centre of all we do. We value the ‘light’ of every individual and we seek to nurture that light and encourage each of us to be the light to others. We seek to do this by:
- 1. Showing dignity and respect
We take the time to listen, understand and be fair
We cherish the things that make each of us unique
We see the good in each other
- 2. Growing in wisdom, knowledge and skills
We provide an engaging curriculum which enables all to flourish
We collaborate and so learn from each other
We promote curiosity
- 3. Prioritising character development
We make the most of opportunities to develop resilience, confidence and independence
We create a culture of high aspirations
We work towards global, social and environmental justice
- 4. Being community and living well together
We spread joy by serving local people and nature through song and action
We provide opportunities to seek forgiveness and reconciliation
We seek to develop strong relationships built on mutual trust and respect for all
At St. Michael’s on the Mount C of E (VC) Primary School we:
- Cultivate a learning community in which all are involved, valued and interdependent.
- Nurture a culture for enjoying lifelong learning and fulfilling individual potential.
- Inspire curiosity and respect for Christian spirituality and world faiths.
- Foster an ethos of excellence and build confidence and self-esteem.
- Invest in creative experiences.
Enjoying learning together is a key focus at St Michael’s on the Mount C of E (VC) Primary School: our aim is that staff, parents and the wider school community all work together to ensure that our children flourish here and then go on to thrive in their later education.
In line with our core values of Trust, Unity, Respect and Responsibility, we celebrate the cultural and religious diversity of our children. It is very important to us that the children feel safe and respected and that they are listened to by all our staff. We welcome the variety of knowledge and experience that our children bring to us from their home backgrounds. We seek to maintain a strong partnership between home and school, because we believe this is important in helping the children do well in school.