17.03.20 – We have recieved the following information from the Foodbank:
Dear Referral Agencies,
Please find below the current position of how the Bristol Trussell Trust Foodbanks are going to operate in light of the Coronavirus
Trussell Trust Foodbanks Covered
- East Bristol Foodbank Outlets:
Kingswood – Bourne Christian Centre
Easton – Tudor Road
Easton – St. Mark’s Road Community Café
Fishponds – Fishponds Baptist Church
- North Bristol Foodbank Outlets:
Horfield – Ebenezer Church
Filton – Revive Charity Shop
Lockleaze – St. Mary’s Church
Southmead – Greenway Centre
Patchway – St. Chad’s Church
Yate – The Candle
Thornbury – Thornbury Baptist Church
Mangotsfield – Resound Church
- Bristol North West Foodbank
Avonmouth – St. Andrew’s Church
Lawrence Weston – Hope Church
Henbury – Emmanuel Chapel
Hotwells – Hope Chapel
Steps we are taking or may have to take
- In the first instance we will try to continue to operate as usual where possible, but with the precautions of asking all clients to wash their hands on entry to the Foodbank, not putting biscuits out on plates and pre-packing all fresh fruit, veg and bread into sealed bags so they are not handled. Volunteers serving drinks will wear disposable gloves where possible.
- In the past two days we have seen a drop in donations and a panic surge in people coming to the Foodbank. We are therefore rationing some items.
- In the light of current guidelines we will not be holding café or offering refreshments, but just receiving clients at the pick up points and handing them a pre-packed parcel.
- If churches are told to close, then that would mean most of our Foodbank outlets will have to close. We will let you know if this is going to happen and if the following procedures will kick in at each Foodbank:
Bristol North West Foodbank – IF our outlets close, our Social Justice Hub, St. Andrew’s Church, Avonmouth Road, Avonmouth BS11 9EN will continue to remain open for the collection of emergency ration food boxes on weekday mornings, 10-1pm. Agencies will be able to pick up boxes for delivery and will home deliver where possible to those self-isolating.
North Bristol Foodbank – Ebenezer Church, BS7 0BA will be open for the collection of emergency ration food boxes on weekday mornings ONLY if we close other outlets
East Bristol Foodbank – Our worst case scenario is we will have emergency boxes available at our outlets at the normal times, that will be able to be picked up at the door if the outlets are closed.
The school can refer, electronically, families who are in real need. Please email us: email@example.com